Are you interested in Sustainable Farming?
Are you interested in working towards a farm or property manager role?
- Accommodation onsite (optional)
- Primary Property (Berrima) Secondary (Cambewarra)
- Open to all levels of experience
We are a vibrant team managing two magnificent farms in Berrima and Cambewarra, NSW. Serving farming families with a long history in Agriculture, our operation encompasses a mixed livestock enterprise, estate management of gardens and homesteads, and the exciting development of nature reserves for native wildlife conservation. Located 1.5 hours south of Sydney, the Southern Highlands and Shoalhaven regions offer a unique opportunity to live in an area with excellent facilities and a wide range of amenities. And don’t forget the incredible natural bushland and beaches of the South Coast of NSW!
About the role:
Reporting to and working closely with the Farm Manager, this exciting role is an integral part of our mission to enhance sustainability by reintroducing natural flora and fauna, while maintaining small livestock operations. If it’s variety you’re after, then this role delivers.
- Assisting with the overall running of two farms and their livestock enterprises.
- Working as part of a team to undertake a large conservation project.
- Development & maintenance of roads, tree lanes, fences, gardens, dams, and sustainable plantings with a willingness to adapt between jobs.
- Assisting with pastoral management and improvement.
- Hands-on operation of machinery and equipment, assisting with farming operations and estate management of several cottages and homesteads.
- Providing good liaison with owners, lessees, staff, contractors, and other operators.
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- A good work ethic, integrity, and a positive ’can-do’ attitude.
- Keenness to learn and follow directions whilst at the same time, the ability to show initiative and contribute your ideas.
- The ability to work effectively within a team.
- Some experience operating machinery, tools, and equipment.
- A willingness to adapt and efficiently move through diverse roles with eagerness.
- An interest in regenerative farming and conservation.
- Keenness to meet deadlines according to your KPI’s.
- Computer literacy
- 2-3 years’ experience in Agriculture or related industry involving outdoor, physical work.
Desirable: (not Essential, open to all levels)
- Some farming and cropping experience and livestock handling skills.
- Knowledge of pumps and irrigation systems, or a willingness to learn.
- Experience with annual pasture management, lawns, and garden care.
- Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- Police check
- Current Australian Drivers License
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia
- 38 hours per week
- part-time or Flexible working hours negotiable
- A full-time starting salary of $70,000 is offered for this position, plus super (negotiable for the right candidate).
- Salary increases may be available after a successful trial period and will be commensurate with skill level and capacity to contribute to the strategic management of our farms.
accommodation may be available on-site at Berrima for the right candidate