Are you a stewardess who enjoys front of house/service?
Do you value working within an exceptional team environment?
MYS Superyacht Crew are on the search for a stewardess for a high calibre 45m private MY and its crew of 10.
The yacht operates with a full-time interior of 3 + casuals for larger events, with duties shared across both service and housekeeping.
The yacht is run to the highest standard and incorporates big yacht practices similar to that experienced in Europe & the States.
Incorporating a full ISM, the yachts keeps up to date with the likes of crew training, upskilling, courses for crew & regular drills
Commitment, professionalism, work ethic and possessing the right attitude is as important as experience.
For this reason, the yacht is open to expressions of interest from the enthusiastic mid-level stewardess to the experienced 2nd / chief who has come off larger yachts overseas.
Salary will be matched accordingly to the candidate’s level of experience.
There is a solid crew dynamic on-board this yacht and the successful candidate must be active, energetic, and hardworking
The stewardess will have a friendly demeanour, maintaining a good sense of humour, sense of fun and looking to learn from an experienced chief stewardess.
Someone who enjoys a good team environment is paramount!
Program will involve both short and extended trips around the Sydney Harbour and Pittwater regions. The yacht will occasionally travell further afield 1-2 times per year with the possibility of Whitsundays, Fiji, New Caledonia, Pacific region.
Candidates should be ok with doing roughly 2-3 months away in 2023 in the Whitsundays
The yacht will also consider applicants worldwide who are interested in relocating to Sydney
The Successful Candidate
• stewardess experience on yachts, between 1-5 years + (open to all levels)
• High standard of service and attention to detail
• Impeccable self-presentation
• STCW 95 and seafarer medical
• Excellent Longevity with proven track record in previous roles.
• Great communication skills, able to take direction & work within a small team.
• Full work rights for Australia or New Zealand
Salary: Above industry standard, depending on experience and paid in Australian dollars + Superannuation (discussed on application)
Start Date: within 3-4 weeks
Conditions– Live ashore role (when not cruising) However the new 2nd stewardess can live onboard in Sydney until the vessel arrives back from Whitsundays, likely in October. The stew should then look to acquire their own accommodation in Sydney. Would suit a stewardess interested in more of a land-based lifestyle while still doing a few trips away each year
This is a terrific opportunity, to join a great team who values longevity and maintaining a fun and professional environment amongst its crew
Are you a former Superyacht professional looking for that rare land-based opportunity in Perth?
Can you offer a high level of personal service & can manage an exceptional team?
• Perth Based
• 5 years + in Senior Hospitality role (Superyacht, House/ Asset Management)
• Experience with UHNW clients
• $120,000-$140,000 AUD (Negotiable to Candidates Experience)
An exciting opportunity has become available to work as the executive house manager for one of Australia’s premier families.
Desiring the same level of service as experienced on their large superyacht the ideal candidate will hail from a senior level within the superyacht industry, private residence or similar.
This is a unique career opportunity (with lots of role diversity / growth) for a superyacht stewardess to transition their skills ashore, setting up for a new land-based life & career in Australia
The House Manager will ensure the smooth day to day operation for a very high-profile Perth based family home, from both a staff and family perspective.
• Be the key point of interaction for the family, visitors and staff.
• Providing personal support to the family on a daily basis.
• Implementing management plans by working directly with Principals ensuring seamless operation of the primary residence and other assets.
• Implement rosters, schedules, worklists, systems and procedures to support the level of service and presentation, consistent with the Families expectations.
• Ensure sufficient resourcing for the working staff to be effective in their roles.
• Coordinate events on site as they arise, utilising the wider companies team resources.
• Ensure the staff understand and maintain a high level of security for the property.
• Sensible approach to security needs and an awareness of their key role in ensuring the family and assets are safe.
• Adaptation and flexibility to continuously changing priorities.
• Ensuring the highest level of confidentiality is adhered to at all times.
• Oversite of multiple properties (including booking services, purchasing, housekeeping and maintenance), travelling to each one to maintain oversight as necessary.
• Ad-hoc projects such as but not limited to the fit out/furnishing of private assets.
• General hospitality or service background, with an understanding of asset management, front of house service, culinary exposure, housekeeping, laundry, and events.
• Superyacht / Hospitality Management or similar certification preferred.
• Leadership experience of high performing teams ideal.
• Lead the on-site team (4-6 residence staff) in their daily activities, providing direction and support as needed.
• Liaise with the wider Company team as necessary, around events, coordination of family movements and necessary support for the home operation and upkeep.
• Ability to direct, monitor and hold contractors and visiting team members to account for works around the home.
Skills & Experience
• Foundational experience in high end housekeeping
• Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
• Experience with Pet Care.
• Food preparation ability helpful.
• Prioritization and time management skills.
• Working quickly without compromising quality.
• Customer-oriented and people focused.
• Ability to adapt to different situations and change work processes to accommodate family needs.
• High energy levels.
• Integrity, discretion and honesty.
• Excellent communication skills
• Confidence in engaging with VIPs
• Strong emotional intelligence
Start: Flexible, Interview Immediately (will consider candidates abroad)
Salary: $120,000-$140,000 AUD / Year (+/- Negotiable to Candidates Experience)