Are you an Australian or New Zealand deckhand interested in joining an expedition yacht with a Diving & Science Focus?
• Private & Scientific research focus
• Dive orientated expeditions
• End of June 2023
Rotational Position , 3 months ON, 1 Month OFF
A very high profile 60m Expedition superyacht is on the search for a Deckhand to join their unique program & team for some upcoming science & guest trips
The vessel is used for a mixture of private owner trips and scientific research.
Past science trips include: deep trench dives in the Indian Ocean & Ocean bed discovery missions in PNG
The Deckhand must be competent on deck, can drive tenders, preferably have hands on experience with maintenance.
Previous Superyacht experience is NOT necessary but time in other ‘hands on’ expedition style programs will be looked on favorably.
Must be professional in approach and understand the hospitality side of working on high profile superyachts.
Lots of action in his role for the right candidate and not your usual push the chamois yacht
While dive background is optional, candidates with previous deck/diver experience or time teaching in Dive schools will be highly considered.
The deckhand will join in Komodo , Indonesia towards the end of June
The Ideal Candidate
• Deckhand Experience yachts or commercial
• Tender Driving Experience
• Interested in Ocean Conservation
• Looking for off the beaten track exploration
• Divemaster or Similar (optional)
• Can work within an ISM framework
• Hands on, maintenance skills
• Work rights for Australia
Salary: $80,000 AUD / Year (TRP)