Are you an Australian or New Zealand Bosun/Lead Deck interested in joining an expedition yacht with a Diving & Science Focus?
• Private & Scientific research focus
• Dive orientated expeditions
• End of June 2023
Rotational Position , 3 months ON, 1 Month OFF
A very high profile 60m Expedition superyacht is on the search for a Bosun to join their unique program & team for some upcoming science & guest trips
The vessel is used for a mixture of private owner trips and scientific research.
Past science trips include: deep trench dives in the Indian Ocean & Ocean bed discovery missions in PNG
The Bosun must be competent on deck, can drive tenders, preferably have hands on experience with maintenance.
The Bosun will be leading a small deckhand team and should have time in a prior leadership position
Previous Superyacht experience is necessary in the Bosun role but other time in ‘hands on’ expedition style programs will be looked on favorably.
Must be professional in approach and understand the hospitality side of working on high profile superyachts.
Lots of action in his role for the right candidate and not your usual push the chamois yacht
While dive background is optional, candidates with previous deck/diver experience or time teaching in Dive schools will be highly considered.
The Bosun will join in Komodo , Indonesia towards the end of June
The Ideal Candidate
• Lead Deckhand or Bosun Experience yachts or commercial
• Master 5 or Yacht master + Tender Driving Experience
• Interested in Ocean Conservation
• Looking for off the beaten track exploration
• Divemaster or Similar (optional)
• Can work within an ISM framework
• Excellent Leadership skills
• Work rights for Australia
Salary: $93,925 AUD / Year (TRP)
Start: End of June 2023
Rotation: 3 months on 1 month off
This is an exciting opportunity to join a standout crew and owner for not your usual superyacht program