Are you a stewardess interested in being based on the Gold Coast year-round?
Do you have strong time management skills and can largely work independently?
Interior Manger Job Description:
A luxury yacht share company based on the Gold Coast in search for a stewardess to head up the interior management of their small fleet of vessels
Each of the vessels are owned by between 8 to 10 owners who get to use the boat on a predetermined schedule making up a certain number of days per year.
The boat owner’s trips operate like an Airbnb apartment booking. The boat is cleaned after each owner’s trip and setup to be ready for the next trip.
The staff setup is modelled on the crew of a small yacht (2-4 crew) with an exterior and interior department:
The fleet manager role is similar to the captain/engineer
The boat manager role is similar to the deckhand/bosun
The interior manager role is similar the (chief) stewardess
Since it is a small team, the team all assist where required (similar to a 2-4 person crew on a small yacht)
The job description is as follows:
Primary responsibilities :
– Cleaning and preparing the interior of the boats after owners’ trips with the help of the subcontracted cleaners (while there are contract cleaners available at your disposal, you will be required to do cleans in addition to the management role of the cleaners)
– Managing the subcontracted interior cleaning team
– Detailing the boats when the schedule permits or on maintenance days
– Ensuring the general interior cleanliness of the vessels is up to standard
– Ensuring the condition of the interior furnishings and equipment are clean and in good working order
– Managing the linen and towel orders for both marinas
– Managing guest amenities and gifts
– Managing returning lost property to the owners (often owners leave items onboard)
– Assisting with exterior wash downs and detailing when required
– General assistance with day to day running of the business when required
Secondary responsibilities (these are infrequent tasks):
– Crew functions to keep the team cohesive (lunches/dinners/days out)
– Assisting at boat shows (currently only Sanctuary Cove show held annual and usually at the end of May)
– Uniform management
– Assisting exterior crew with washdowns
The company currently have 8 yachts split across two marinas, Sanctuary Cove and Marina Mirage on the Gold Coast.
You will need your own car and will be responsible for your transport to the first place of work. Any work-related travel during the day will be compensated on a per km amount set by Fair Work Australia.
40 hours per week with the majority being week days but there is some weekend work required
Starting at $68,000+ (can go up for good experience), plus 10,5% super contribution
4 weeks paid leave per year
- Classification: Steward/ess
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time