Are you an experienced Engineer keen for a world tour?
Are you interested in being in Spain for the America’s Cup?
- From $7000 US / Month ++ DOE
- AEC minimum
- Start: ASAP in Australia
- Open to Relief (yard) or Fulltime
A little about the itinerary:
The boat is currently in a mini refit in Australia and should depart for New Zealand on the first of December, we’ll have an owner trip and then pick up a two week charter just before Christmas. Once we drop them off, we will prepare and head across the pacific towards South America. Where we will cruise there for a few weeks, before rounding the Cape and heading north towards Rio, and then across the Atlantic, back to the Med for the summer, where we will charter, and be a part of the America’s Cup, after which the boat will head to the yard in Palma for the winter to replace decks and have a paint job.
The owners are American, very nice, but like to be quite involved. The schedule is also quite hectic, as we will be on the go pretty much solidly for the next year. So with all the miles we will be doing, I’d really like to get people with a bit of experience under their belts. We won’t be on the dock or in any major hubs for the most part. So looking for crew who quite calm and keen for an adventure.
The Ideal Engineer
- Time as an engineer on SY or MY
- Isn’t overly prone to seasickness
- Longevity in previous positions
- Will commit to the worldwide program
- Can help manage yard times
- Good understanding of SY Components / Hydraulics
- Sound Electrical skills
- Good forward thinking with spares
- Preferably located in the Southern Hemisphere (not essential)
- Trade background preferred
Relief Period: Now until December
Full time: Now- Ongoing
Salary: from $7000 US / Month , going up for great experience
Fulltime role with possibility for rotation after the vessel reaches Palma
- Classification: Engineer
- Location: Worldwide
- Type: Full-Time