Are you a stewardess or residence manager looking to work on the beautiful Northen Beaches of Sydney?
Are you interested in working for a lovely family who values longevity?
- Monday to Friday
- $100,000 AUD + Super + Car + Laptop + Phone
- Location: Avalon
The lifestyle manager will be responsible for a diverse variety of daily tasks involving
- Maintaining the interior to a very high standard (housekeeping/tidying/laundry)
- Children management, school pickups, sport, supplies
- Running house errands
- Shopping and inventory management
- Overseeing external house contractors
- Food / preparation- school lunches / snacks
- Cooking evening meal (basic family style) ie: spaghetti bolognaise, grilled fish, salads ect
- Occasional overnight stays (by mutual agreement)
The family is open to contracting a cleaning company , 1 day / week for a deep house clean but there will be general housekeeping/ tidying involved on a daily basis
The family consists of Mum & Dad, 3 boys and a small dog.
Boy (15 yrs) Year 9 –
Boy (13 yrs) Year 7 –
Boy (8 yrs) Year 3 –
Mr works fulltime in the city and travels frequently, while Mrs works while also studying her Masters from home so a pretty busy family.
They are looking for a professional lifestyle manager to take care of the family’s day to day needs
You are required a full drivers license (you will be given a car for work & personal use for duration of employment) as you’ll also help with driving the youngest to sports or pick ups / drop offs while we’re working and be around after school when they get home.
The eldest child has cystic fibrosis. He is clinically very well but sometimes requires additional food preparations, support or picking up of medications, dropping samples to the hospital etc. Occasionally he has health challenges at school and may need to be picked up from School during the day.
Menu planning, shopping & cooking
We’re a family who enjoys delicious healthy food; you’ll prepare the evening meals to be served at 6.30pm before you leave, along with snacks for the kids lunches and occasionally help preparing for dinner parties etc.
We’re looking for a competent family cook who is interested in cooking a varying diet of healthy nutritious meals.
Menu planning & cooking for the family dinners for the week (Mon to Fri only)
- Adults are gluten free and low fat
- Adults and children should be able to eat the same meals but the boys often need a load of carbs in addition to the family meal as they’re eating for England right now!
- Weekly “lunchbox treats” of muffins, slices etc. for the children’s lunchbox
- An assortment of healthy snacks and vegetable sticks cut up and stored in a container for snacking during the week
- We’ll agree on the type of meals and work together during the initial period until youngest a sense of what sort of foods our family likes (e.g. 2 x fish, 1 x chicken, 2 x red meat).
- You’ll manage all the grocery shopping, household maintenance and generally organize the running of the house and make the job your own.
Overnight stays and occasional week stay.
As we have no family in Sydney, we are also looking for a lifestyle manager who will be available to babysit our youngest 2-3 nights per month with notice of course (which we will swap for mutually agreed time off in the same week). As we sometimes both have to travel, we’ll require someone who is able to occasionally stay overnight with the kids for a week or two. This would only happen once a year and we would agree on a mutually convenient time with an additional fee on top of salary for these periods.
5 days per week
Mon to Fri, normal hours of work 9.30am – 6.30pm (45 hours per week), but given the nature of this role, hours may vary.
Salary compensation will take into account the hours mentioned above.
Base Salary $100,000
As part of the contract, we’ll offer you 5 weeks of annual leave during school holidays, plus one week at a mutually agreed time of your choosing throughout the year.
April school holidays (1 week)
July school holidays (1 week)
September school holidays (1 week)
Christmas holidays (2 weeks)
Paid Personal/Carers Leave
You will have access to 10 workdays paid personal leaved, accrued annually to be used when you absent:
- Due to personal illness or injury; or
- To provide care or support to immediate family or a member of the household who is ill or injured, or has an unexpected emergency; or
- To observe religious or culturally significant days or events
Paid personal leave is cumulative but will not be paid out on termination of employment.
Superannuation payment of 10.5% will be paid based on your agreed remuneration. default superannuation fund is CBUS, but you can nominate another fund if you wish
This role also includes:
- A company car which is yours for the duration of the role
- A laptop for household organization, ordering and any administration
- A household credit card
- Mobile phone and sim plan
How we think about this role
We’ve had three lifestyle managers prior to this (each approx. 5 year tenures) and each of those relationships has been an incredibly important part of our family during those times. Given that you’ll be in our home and part of everything that goes on, we’re looking for someone who is the right personality fit for our family – and it’s obviously important to us that we’re the right fit for you.
Our current lifestyle manager has been an incredible support to us and has felt like a genuine member of our family. All three of our boys are outgoing, affectionate, and good humans; and as we’ve both always worked, our kids have had important and close relationships with anyone who has supported us in the home.
Sadly, our current lifestyle manager is moving overseas for personal reasons but as part of this discovery, we’re more than happy for the final applicant to chat with her to find out more about the role and what it’s like to work with our family.
As you develop relationships with the boys, we’d encourage them to see you as another ‘parent type’ figure in the home, and hope that you would respond in a similar way. We see this role as one in partnership with us, and so we’re looking for someone who enjoys children (as much as teenage boys can be enjoyed) and is happy to be part of that.
- Classification: Residential
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time