Are a deckhand with daywork experience or from tourism vessels looking to work on a superyacht?
Do you enjoy working within a professional team?
• Live onboard (food included) (own cabin)
• Gold Coast (based during off season), Cruising season (April to October)
- Multiskilled role; deckhand, engineering assistance & hospitality.
- Male or Female
A well run 28m private MY is on the search for a junior deck hand/all-rounder to join their professional team. The yacht is primarily based in Gold Coast for the off season, and cruises the east coast throughout winter, going as far as the top end QLD.
(future seasonal itineraries include: Northern Territory/WA top end and Tasmania).
The Deck hand/all-rounder can also be experienced or a junior with the motivation to upskill.
You will have a high degree of motivation and ‘get up and go’ as your primary attribute.
The position is live onboard (with food, utilities and internet included)
The Deck hand / all-rounder will support the captain & cook/steward both on deck (when cruising) and within the engine room (when alongside). Throughout the offseason you will have the ability to continue work through maintenance of the vessel and engaging in the owner’s other business ventures if suitable. (Working within marine sector of owners Island / wild life conservation pursuits)
The Ideal Candidate
• Will have deckhand experience
• STCW certification
• Minimum recreational boat license ideally with tender experience
(coxswains’ ticket favorable)
• Diving experience/ certification (favorable)
• Looking to learn the engineering basics and broaden skills
• Hospitality experience
• Strong attention to detail
• Highly professional and confidential personality with a fun and can-do attitude
• Working rights for Australia or NZ
Start: Early March (negotiable)
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
- Classification: Deckhand / Bosun
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time