Are you looking for a role with amazing variety?
Are you seeking training on deck and looking to upskill?
- Sydney based (with some deliveries)
- Blended role deckhand & stewardess
- Learn to drive a tender.
An amazing opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic junior stew looking to build their skills on deck.
Working across a fleet of small private yachts (ranging from 10m to 38m) the junior deck/stew will work in conjunction with the captain to keep the vessel in immaculate condition , inside & out.
The deck/stew will also accompany the 25m private yacht out on weekend / day trips for private trips within Sydney harbour & Pittwater regions.
The deck/stew will also learn to drive the 10m chase/ support tender (large Inflatable) which acts to transfer guests from the dock to the 38m yacht.
The position would suit an enthusiastic junior looking to get trained up in both the interior & exterior on a variety of different sized vessels, learn important deck skills like anchoring , docking, exterior maintenance & tender driving.
The crew are extremely active and thoroughly enjoy outdoor leisure pursuits like surfing, kitesurfing and diving.
The junior will work alongside experienced crew with European superyacht experience, learning from the best in the business.
The Ideal Candidate
- Daywork / 1 seasons boat experience
- Ability to gain a NSW recreational boat license
- Own accommodation ashore in Sydney
- Excellent work ethic
- Looking to progress skills on deck
- Hospitality background
- Enjoys interactions with guests
- Will offer a minimum of a 1 year commitment
- Working rights for Australia
Start: ASAP ( can trial with daywork)
Salary: Good annual salary, based on experience + Super
- Classification: Deckhand / Bosun
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time