Are you an experienced deckhand looking to advance your career in Australia?
Do have solid tender driving experience and able to take direction?
A high profile 44m private superyacht is on the search for an experienced deckhand to join their team of 10
The yacht operates a diverse program spending time in summer in Sydney and Pittwater. Over Winter there is the possibility the yacht may venture further afield travelling to the Great Barrier reef or South Pacific islands
There is an extremely high standard aboard this yacht and the deckhand must be clean cut and presentable at all times.
There is an excellent crew dynamic on board and candidates that can contribute to a happy, positive and professional work environment will be highly regarded.
While the position will involve the usual deckhand duties, the deckhand will also be mentored and trained in more senior responsibilities including bridge watches, anchoring, navigation, seamanship, crane operations, drills and big boat handling.
This is a terrific opportunity to advance your career and training, gaining experience that will catapult you into a senior deck or bosun position
The successful candidate will have…..
- power boat level 2 or Coxswains or higher
- STCW 95, ENG 1, or AMSA Medical
- Excellent tender driving experience. Experience driving jet boats and jet skis
- Positive attitude and keen to listen and learn
- Some bridge watch experience
- Experience with docking and lines
- A genuine love for Water sports, fishing and the ocean. Dive qualifications will be a bonus.
- High attention to detail
- Full work rights for Australia
- Longevity in previous positions
- The ability to live ashore in Sydney
This is a live ashore role and candidates must have their own accommodation here in Sydney
The yacht operates two deckhands who share the duties, working under an experienced Bosun and Chief officer
Itinerary: Sydney, Pittwater and potential East Coast or Pacific Cruising (in winter periods)
Salary: Above Australian industry standard and negotiable to secure the right candidate
Start: flexible, can trial immediately for the right candidate
This is an excellent opportunity to advance your deck career while also maintaining a shore-based existence.
The yacht will also consider solid candidates currently overseas
- Classification: Deckhand / Bosun
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time