Are you a Deckhand interested in joining an exciting new charter program?
Are you looking to gain commercial sea time, both deck & engineering?
- $80,000 / Year DOE +tips
- Sydney (Base) Whitsundays (winters)
- Live onboard or ashore
- Couple Friendly (with chief stew or chief engineer )
An excellent opportunity has become available for a deckhand to join a brand new 31m new build that has recently arrived into Australia.
The deck/mate will look after the entire deck function, from wash downs to water toys, supporting the captain with bridge, docking & anchoring
The deckhand will also gain allot of exposure to the engineering onboard and open to morphing role into a deck/2nd engineer position if so inclined.
The yacht will undertake selective charters in and around Sydney Harbour over the summer period and will look to travel to the beautiful Whitsundays in the colder months.
Superyacht experience would be preferable but will consider candidates with strong tourism boat background, who can drive a small tender and has sound knowledge of boat detailing products
Accommodation can be provided onboard if needed, or as the vessel maintains a Sydney base 9 months of the year the deck/mate can also live off the yacht. (preferable)
The yacht has secured a long-term berth in the heart of the city , with cafes , restaurants & gyms all within walking distance
The vessel is open to candidates worldwide , permitting they can organise themselves to join locally from Australia / NZ region
The Ideal Candidate
- Deckhand experience on superyachts or tourism
- Good knowledge of deck related products
- Looking to build sea time/ tick off task book for bigger tickets
- Can work well without oversight
- Wanting to progress engineering experience
- Can work well within a small team environment.
- STCW & seafarer medical
- Work rights for Australia
Start: When found (flexible)
Salary: $80,000 / Year DOE
- Classification: Deckhand / Bosun
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time