Are you an enthusiastic, culinary trained chef looking for career progression?
Do you have a natural flare for Asian cuisines?
A private 50m+ Superyacht is on the search for a new Sous Chef to join their professional team.
The Sous chef will primarily be responsible for assisting the head chef with guest meals and prep and taking care of the crew meals onboard
The Sous Chef will receive training from the head chef with regards to the owner’s preferences to eventually take over as head chef later in the year
The Sous Chef will be culinary trained, will be well presented, have some experience with Asian cuisines & keen to learn and progress in their career
The yacht will be used privately both on short cruises/day functions and 2-3 weeks trips around the islands but will typically maintain a Gold Coast base for the foreseeable future
The position will ideally be live-onboard
The Ideal Candidate
- Culinary trained
- Some Superyacht chef experience or high-end restaurants
- Experience with Asian influenced cuisines
- Can maintain a clean work station and stores
- Experience with ordering and provisioning within Australia
- Provide healthy and nutritious crew meals
- Looking to progress into a head chef position
- Preference for live-onboard
- Work rights for Australia / NZ
Salary- Starting from $4000-$4500 US / month (for Sous Chef role) to be negotiated (for transition into Head Chef role)
Start– Before the 1st February 2019
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Sous Chef to work under the guidance of an experienced Head Chef with good opportunity for career progression
- Classification: Chef
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time