Are you a MED 1 engineer interested in joining a reputable charter yacht?
- Sydney 9 months, Whitsundays 3 Months
- MED 1 COC
- Live onboard OR ashore
A high profile 32m Charter yacht is on the search for a MED 1 engineer to join their team.
The yacht maintains a home base in Sydney 9 months / year and typically does winters around the Whitsundays region.
Yard periods tend to be in the gold coast region, typically around June.
Charters consist of both term and day trips, often with repeat charter clients.
There is a fun and active crew onboard, and the engineer should posses a positive and easy-going attitude who enjoys working within a dynamic / professional team.
As the position can be live on or off, the position would be open to candidates located Australia wide.
The engineer would receive a good handover before commencing and may have the opportunity to trial before accepting the position.
The Ideal Candidate
- MED 1
- Preferably trade qualified.
- Yacht experience desirable but not essential
- Well-presented and professional in approach
- Hands on
- Can maintain accurate maintenance logs and checks
- Strong preventative maintenance
- Can effectively manage yard periods with the captain
- Can assist across departments when needed
- Work rights for Australia
- Currently located in Australia or New Zealand
Start: When Found
Salary: Based on Engineers experience level
- Classification: Engineer
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time