Are you an experienced engineer with an MED 1 or higher?
Do you enjoy working in a small team environment with plenty of support?
A recently built Australian Charter yacht is on the search for an enthusiastic engineer to join their professional team
The yacht maintains a permanent berth in Sydney over the summer (live onboard option) and undertakes a mixture of day and term charters throughout Sydney Harbour & Pittwater
Over winter the yacht will travel North and look to take charters around the Whitsundays regions.
The engineer can have the option of living on or off the yacht whilst in Sydney.
The vessel is run to a high standard and being a small team, the engineer must be ok to assist across departments, including some 1st mate duties
The engineer will also have a small pool of freelance/relief engineers to call upon during the yachts busier engineering periods.
The yacht will also consider a 6 month contract (but would prefer permanent fulltime)
The Ideal Candidate
- MED 1 or higher (EOOW or MEC3)
- ENG 1 or AMSA seafarer medical
- Full work rights for Australia
- Strong preventative maintenance skills
- Happy to assist across departments
- Can maintain accurate records, oil, discharge logs ect
- Can monitor and document any warranty work
- Knowledge of sourcing local parts in Australia
- Can manage annual yard periods
- Looking to offer a firm commitment
Start Date– Late January 2019 (with Handover)
Salary– $110,000 AUD TRP (Depending on experience and negotiable for right candidate)
- Classification: Engineer
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time