Are you an Australian based chef looking for a local rotational position?
Join this 90m+ Australian flagged Expedition / Cruise vessel as it travels various locations around Australia, Pacific and Asia on a 4.5 week on and 4.5 week off permanent swing.
The company will assist with all flights to/from the vessel from any major airport in Australia.
There are several openings within the culinary team as the vessel is a new build
The Chefs will operate within a very large culinary team which includes permeant galley hands + Apprentice Chefs
Will cater for both buffet and ala carte style menus.
The company operates several large vessels within the 35-90m+ range and the chef may have the opportunity to work across them on different swings
It is the responsibility of the chef to manage the galley in an effective manner, ensuring the timely delivery of excellent quality meals to guests as per the menu plan.
The company is open to chefs who have worked on both yachts/cruise ships but would also consider chefs with FIFO experience and/or restaurant background
The successful candidate must:
• Keep current with Chef reports and be fully aware of the vessel’s galley operations
• Ensure that food deliveries are of the highest standard and quantities are confirmed against the order and delivery docket
• Prepare and cook all meals for guests and crew
• Adhere to the published trip menu ensuring all meals are prepared in readiness for published meal times
• Maintain appropriately stocked, clean and well organised pantry, cold room and freezer
• Develop and maintain effective lines of communication with the office to ensure timely and accurate ordering and provisioning
• Implement and maintain an effective stock rotation program
• Maintain Galley cleanliness and hygiene at all times
• Direct and monitor the work of the Galley Hand(s)
• Operate within a budget
• Ensure waste is kept to a minimum
The following Certificates must be obtained within three (3) months of job commencement date.
• Senior First Aid Certificate
• CPR (to be kept current)
• STCW95 certification-Certificate of Sea Safety (AMSA certified)
• Marine Cook’s Certificate
• AMSA medical certificate
Package: Work 4.5 weeks on 4.5 weeks off. $65,000-$70,000 AUD + Super / Year (paid all year round) + flights
Start: ASAP or Flexible Start
- Classification: Chef
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Rotational