Are you looking for a rare Australian based superyacht rotational role?
Do you hold a chief engineer COC of III/3 (MN) or II/2 (Y2)?
A recently arrived private/charter 50m+ MY is on the search for rotational chief engineer to join their program in Australia and South Pacific.
Australian owned, the yacht will maintain a permanent base within Australian waters (as its base) with periodical trips throughout the South Pacific Islands, with potential for NZ
The yacht has been fully imported into Australia and therefore would ideally like a permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand for local off rotations.
The chief engineer has an experienced rotating counterpart with good knowledge of the yacht and systems + an experienced / ticketed 2nd engineer for support.
Whilst the start date is on the 15th May with handover, the captain is urgently wanting to lock the right chief engineer away.
MTU engines and experience with MTU’s favourable
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Passport (Expiry > 6 months)
- Original STCW and Refresher (Expiry > 6 months)
- PDSD (Proficiency in Designated Security Duties)
- ENG1 – Approved Medical Certificate (Expiry > 6 months)
- SDB, Seaman Discharge Book
- CoC – Certificate of Competency (Expiry > 6 months) – C/E III/3 (MN) or II/2 (Y2) – MTU course needed if Y2. (or can obtain quickly)
- Cayman Islands Endorsement
- Advanced Firefighting, Advanced Sea Survival (Expiry > 6 months)
Start: 15th May (with handover)
Rotation: 3 months on, 3 months off
Salary: $12,000 AUD + Super (paid all year)
The position would suit an Australian or NZ chief engineer looking for a firm rotational chief role, closer to home over this COVID period
- Classification: Engineer
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Rotational