Are you an experienced engineer looking for an off the beaten track itinerary?
Do you enjoy fishing or diving and an active/energetic crew environment?
A high profile 46m Private MY is on the search for a chief engineer to work a 3 month on, 1 month off rotation.
The yacht maintains a busy but adventurous cruising schedule, and will look to cruise the South Pacific & Australasian Islands including Fiji and PNG
Also intentions for a trip around the top end of Australia taking in the remote Kimberley’s and surrounds
The yacht is world cruising but will operate in this area for the next 12 months
The position is also open to the strong 2nd engineer looking to step up to a chief’s position
The yacht has been extremely well maintained, always meeting its planned maintenance schedule with an adequate budget for repairs / additions / refit
The Ideal Candidate
- Superyacht Engineering experience (chief or strong 2nd)
- Y4 or MED 1 minimum (preference to Y3 or MEC 3)
- Experience with Cat engines
- An interest in watersports, ideally fishing and diving
- Can maintain toys & tenders and give direction to deck/2nd engineer
- Very hands on
- Excellent forward planning skills with regards to ships spares
- Some AV/IT skills favourable
- Enjoys off the beaten track cruising locations
Start – February/ March 2020 (but interviewing December & January)
Rotation- 3 month on 1 month off + flights (paid all year round)
Salary- To be discussed on application, to meet the candidates experience level
- Classification: Engineer
- Location: Worldwide
- Type: Rotational