Are you Australian based Mate/Stew or Deck/stew looking to join an exciting new program?
Do you enjoy working on a family friendly yacht with a watersports emphasis?
- Recently purchased 30m Motor Yacht
- 6 months based in Darwin / NT / Kimberley
- 6 months based in Whitsundays
- Family orientated (owners with kids) private yacht
While stationed in Darwin the family hopes to explore the Kimberley down to Broome and the Rowley Shoals, Peron Island and the Cobourg Islands.
Trips whilst in Darwin will largely be sunset harbour dinner cruises.
The other half of the year the yacht will be based in the Whitsundays/ Airlie/Hamilton Island region
There will be watersports emphasis on the yacht and the Mate/Stewardess should be fun, energetic, and looking to promote an active schedule. (jet Skis, fishing, spearfishing, diving)
The yacht also houses a large tender that will be used for day trips / beach excursions that the Mate/Stewardess will assist in driving
The yacht will be run with 3 fulltime core crew.
Positions are as follows however the roles are fluid and the crew will adopt a small yacht mentality of ‘everyone helps’
- Captain (position filled)
- Mate/Stew (female)
- Chef (position filled)
The Ideal Candidate
- Superyacht or Tourism yacht experience
- Ideally a master 5 /yachtmaster but will consider power boat level 2/ coxswains
- Experience in the Whitsundays or Kimberley desirable (but not essential)
- Can take on lead bridge watch duties
- Enjoys watersports
- Family friendly, personable
- Can assist with interior and service (enjoys a blended role)
- High level of professionalism
- Female due to cabin arrangements
- Looking to offer a firm commitment / longevity
- Good forward thinker / highly organised
- Work rights for Australia
Salary– Depending on Experience (Australian working conditions + super)
Start Date- As soon as found
- Classification: Deckhand / Bosun
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time