Are you looking for a Monday – Friday position on the Gold Coast?
Are you extremely hands on and enjoy a role with allot of variety?
A high-profile residence located in the northern end of the Gold Coast is on the search for an experienced maintenance officer / assistant to join their residence team.
The maintenance officer/assistant will join a residence team of 3 (including House Manager & Chef) and will be charged with a range of maintenance duties both exterior and interior.
The Maintenance Officer will receive adequate training / handover before commencing and will be replacing the outgoing staff member of 17 years duration.
The position would suit a former superyacht professional looking to go land based on the gold coast
General Duties & Expectations
- Ensure home is clean and tidy.
- Maintenance of household items.
- Assistance with dogs.
- Complete and log daily opening and closing procedures including security.
- Working with Council bin schedules.
- Cleaning of motor vehicles and liaison with service agents.
- Stocking of cleaning items and purchase of other items requested from time to time.
- Updating maintenance logs.
- Collection of newspapers.
- General understanding of household workings to back up other team members when absent.
- Assistance and detailing of boats and jetties.
- Liaise relevantly with: –
- Pool Fortnightly maintenance by Active Pool Supplies (paid office).
- Garden Monday and Friday by Usher Landscaping (paid office).
- Fish Fortnightly maintenance of outside fish (paid office).
- Cars Detailer when required(paid office).
- Providers Various (paid office and home).
- Maintenance Various (paid office and home).
- Couriers Various
- To handle and manage cash and credit card transaction relating to position description.
- To report any incidents and/or concerns and to ensure workplace health and safety expectations are met.
- To provide exceptional service to principle, family, and guests.
- To be well presented and appropriately groomed to reflect principles attitude to life and reputation.
- To answer and appropriately direct telephone calls and “walk in” enquiries.
- Carry out any other duties that may be required, including assistance for functions.
- Caretake residence in principles absence.
- Liaise with office Personal Assistant if faxes/ mail when required.
- Understand principles businesses and key personnel.
Working Days & Hours
The typical roster for the Maintenance Assistant is Monday – Friday 7.00 – 4 pm with Wednesday being a shorter day. Public holidays falling on a rostered day are part of the normal working week. However, flexibility with work days / hours will be required as well as given. Salary takes into account the roster and flexible work arrangements. Leave Entitlements as per the legislation.
Open to hour flexibility pending candidates request
Licences and Vehicle
A current driver licence and own car are essential.
A recreational marine licence is preferred.
Self starter, confidential, honest and flexible.
Start: When Available
Salary: $70,000 AUD / year DOE + 4 weeks standard annual leave + entitlements
- Classification: Residential
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time