Are you a decky keen to be based out of Western Australia?
Would you enjoy working on an expedition yacht with a Scientific Research focus?
An amazing opportunity has become available to join this research vessel for its various expeditions out of Western Australia
Based in Perth, the yacht has plans for an Antarctic Voyage and will be going through the ice rating survey inspections.
This, with the addition of a completed helicopter pad extension the vessel will look to cruise very remote destinations throughout the Indian Ocean and beyond!
The lead deckhand will work within a deck crew of 4 and will be looking to take a leadership role onboard
A deckhand with a few seasons experience who has experience with driving tenders, who has or wishes to obtain his/her yachtmaster
The Ideal Candidate
-1-2 season experience minimum
– Sea Farer medical
– Looking for a yacht with a home base
– An Australia / NZ passport holder
– Good tender driving skills is a must
– Looking to learn from senior crew whilst also mentoring junior crew
– Can work within an ISM framework
– Common water interests Diving, Fishing, Surfing, Wakeboarding, spearing ect
Start Date -Mid December 2019
Salary– DOE ( In Australian Dollars) + Super + 6-weeks annual leave
This is a rare opportunity for a mixture of home life and off the beaten track cruising while being based on the WA coast
- Classification: Deckhand / Bosun
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time