Are you an enthusiastic Chef looking to go land based in Auckland?
Do you enjoy working for relaxed and personable owners?
A family orientated private yacht with a permanent berth in Auckland is on the search for a Head Chef to join their program.
Only a few years old, the vessel spends 9 months of the year based in New Zealand and roughly 3 months of the year cruising the South Pacific Islands, including Fiji
The yacht is run with a crew of 4/5 and the vessel owners are relaxed, family orientated and thoroughly enjoy fishing and diving.
The position would suit an experienced chef who has built up experience abroad or domestically on superyachts and who is now looking for something semi-land based in Auckland
While the crew each have their own areas of responsibilities, being a small yacht they also assist each other across departments when necessary.
- 2 years’ experience as a chef on Superyachts
- Easy going nature who enjoys working on a boat with active crew & owners
- Has a diverse culinary repertoire, modern NZ and Mediterranean influenced cuisine
- Experience with preparing and cooking freshly caught seafood
- Can effectively manage all aspects of the Galley
- Formal qualifications is an asset but more so the right experience
- Can provision accurately for 4/5 crew and around 6 guests
- Professional approach with strong work ethic
- Energetic and a can contribute to the fun and professional atmosphere onboard
- Have own accommodation in Auckland (live off position while at home)
- Fishing or Diving experience/qualifications a plus
- STCW, ENG1
- Full work rights for NZ/OZ
Start Date– Flexible. Before Mid-November 2018 with a handover
Salary– $85,000 NZ / Year DOE. 5 day working week (average) + 4 weeks holiday/year
This is a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic Chef looking to gain a terrific lifestyle position in Auckland with a healthy balance between time at home and time at sea
- Classification: Chef
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time