Are you an experienced Chef looking for a dream lifestyle position?
Do you enjoy working for personable owners who are very family orientated?
MYS Superyacht Crew is on the search for an experienced Head Chef to join a private 36m MY and their crew of 6.
The yacht is used for private family use only but will undertake the occasional corporate cruise in Sydney harbour.
Trips will consist of short cruises around the Harbour and Pittwater regions typically catering for no more than 6-8 guests.
During the corporate cruises (December/January) the chef will be required to prepare finger food and canapés for larger guest numbers.
The yacht is family friendly and the chef must enjoy a casual interaction with guests and children
The owners are definite foodies, and the chef should enjoy occasional fine dining and sourcing only the best produce
Over the winter months there is the possibility of a cruise to Fiji or the GBR for a few months. (1 month yard period, 3 months based in Fiji)
As the yacht is based permanently in Sydney the chef will have the option to live on or off the yacht
Vessel based in the heart of the city within walking distance to everything
The Ideal Candidate
• Culinary trained
• Superyacht Chef experience (will also consider strong restaurant head chef looking for entrance into Superyachts)
• Diverse culinary range
• Can prepare tasty crew meals in additions to Guests
• Good knowledge of provisioning and suppliers within Australia
• Local Sydney Knowledge advantageous
• Have full work rights for Australia or New Zealand
• Strong personal skills
• Friendly, relaxed with a good sense of humour and fun
Start: November (flexible)
Salary: give us your expectation
This is a terrific Sydney lifestyle position, working for relaxed and friendly owners and crew
- Classification: Chef
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time