DREAM JOB ALERT!!!!!
Are you a yacht engineer keen for a lifestyle change in Melbourne?
Are you passionate about the surf industry?
A unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced engineer to join a growing surf company in Melbourne
The Mission is to build and operate world-class surf parks in Australia that deliver high quality man-made waves and authentic surfing experiences to new and existing surfers of all ages, experience and ability.
The Facilitates Manager will contribute to the strategic intent by focusing on managing the facilities team to provide compliant, reliable, efficient and safe equipment within the facility.
This role is in essence to take charge and look after a reasonably complicated wave generator, water treatment plant and electrical control systems.
It would therefore be very well suited towards a Superyacht engineer looking to move back to Australia and ‘settle down’ into a more usual life.
Engineers with either a strong mechanical and/or electrical background will be highly considered.
While the position is highly engineering focused the Facilities Manager should be an effective team leader / manager who is deeply passionate about water recreation and maintaining the companies surf culture, keeping their clients frothing
The following aspects of this role are indicative only and in no way limit the Company in allocating additional accountabilities (specific tasks, projects or related activities) to the employee, within the scope of the employee’s level of competence, experience, knowledge and qualification.
- Comply with the Victorian Health and Human Services – Water quality guidelines for public aquatic facilities.
- Work several Park Duty Manager shifts that involved working outside office hours. When working as Park Duty Manager, the applicant will be responsible for all incidents and operational efficiencies
- Assume responsibility for the successful operation and maintenance of the wave generator and the rest of the facility infrastructure.
- Manage and work in the confines of the given Facilities Department budget
- Ensure the timely, accurate and efficient preparation of monthly department reports.
- Forecast and create annual budgets to reflect the Executive Team’s strategy.
- Ensure compliance with all government and municipal agencies as well as remaining informed to any relevant industry revisions that occur.
- Create, implement and review the Facility strategy, procedures, policies and processes for technical, safety and reporting systems on an as required basis.
- Participate in technical and safety strategic development activities across the Group.
- Manage communications within the Facilities Department as well as with various stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate with both team-members and sub-contractors used in the on-going repairs and maintenance of park buildings, plant, and equipment.
- Oversee the various departmental computerised maintenance and preventative maintenance systems.
- Promote proactive hazard / near miss reporting.
- Implement and report on Health and Safety Key Performance Indicators across areas of responsibility.
- maintain a computerised maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Hold the Electrical Nominee License for each facility. (Gained during employment)
DUE TO COVID-19 TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS CANDIDATES SHOULD ALREADY BE IN AUSTRALIA
The Ideal Candidate
- Trade qualified engineer, mechanical or electrical
- Experience within the lifestyle industry ie Superyacht or equivalent
- Strong technical aptitude
- Experience with water treatment plants / systems
- Experience with electrical control systems
- Meticulous with weekly / monthly checks and general preventative maintenance
- Effective management style
- Very safety conscious
- Ideally passionate about surfing
- Possess a strong business acumen
- Happy to take on additional task within an evolving role
- Full work rights for Australia
- Own accommodation ashore in Melbourne (or willing to get)
Start- Immediately, early May 2020
Salary- $110,000-$120,000 AUD / Year CIRCA
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for an engineer to be a part of a growing surf company committed to providing unique surf experiences to the Australian surf enthusiast
- Classification: Engineer
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time