Are you an outstanding chef looking for that rare lifetime owner relationship?
Do you enjoy both a relaxed family environment + occasional fine dining dinner parties?
A very high-profile family is on the search for an executive residence chef to join their large residence team at their property in Sydney’s East.
Replacing their current chef of 10 years this position is a rare opportunity for an incoming chef to forge the same long-standing owner / chef relationship with a family that values their staff.
The executive chef will work within a team of service staff to execute the smooth delivery of healthy and nutritious meals to a family of 5.
The working week is quite structured with set hours/ days and the ability for a chef to manage their own schedule in between.
Days will primarily be Tuesday to Saturday, with set days off being – Sunday & Monday (with some flexibility from time to time)
Hours are roughly 10:30 am start prepping for lunch and finishing around 8:30 pm conclusion of dinner service.
House has long standing supplier accounts already established, and the executive chef will receive a thorough handover.
Owners enjoy healthy clean eating, low Carb / sugars, similar to Keto + some vegetarian meals.
Own car would be preferable, drivers licence, however most supplies are delivered direct to the house
The chef’s role will be quite varied, ranging from family only provision to sit down fine dining dinner parties, to coordinating larger functions with additional chef support/ catering from 6 guests +
Happy to consider chefs Australia wide looking to relocate to Sydney, but the chef will be responsible for providing their own accommodation (live out role)
The Ideal Candidate
- Culinary trained
- Time working on high profile yachts or residences or Michelin star restaurants.
- Looking for a long-term owner/chef relationship
- Enjoys family friendly / personable environment + formal fine dining.
- Can interact well with the family / children
- Can work well within a professional residence team.
- Highly organised, excellent time management
- Diverse culinary range, with emphasis on low carb / sugar / healthy / organic
- Knowledge of wine & champagnes
- Can effectively manage provisions and ordering.
- Full work rights for Australia
Start: Trial within 2-4 weeks, Sydney
Salary: $100,000-$130,000 AUD / year as a guide only (expectation given on application)
- Classification: Chef
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time