Are you an experienced team looking for a ‘leaf’ change to the Southern Highlands?
Do you have exceptional hospitality experience , within Residences or Superyachts?
- Couples Opportunity (interior & exterior)
- Kangaroo Valley / Southern Highlands location
- Excellent Salary + 4 Bedroom Managers Cottage + Car + Inclusions
- Flexible Start Date
High Net Worth immaculately presented property set on 288 acres in Kangaroo Valley, with The Morton National Park as its dramatic backdrop.
The Estate has extensive manicured gardens which are maintained by a landscaping company to flow with the seasons and to keep it at a constant high standard. In addition, there are fertile vegetable gardens and a small orchard yielding citrus fruits and avocadoes. Its wide-ranging, open pastures will be agisted so as to maintain grass levels.
External contractors assist in the upkeep and maintenance of the Homestead which is the central focus of the Estate. The Homestead is of contemporary design and is a sprawling 7 bedroom, 7 bathroom residence with generous entertaining areas, a large open chef’s kitchen and a wrap-around deck which overlooks Kangaroo Valley. The focused co-ordination and management of contractors; ensures the quality and detail of the maintenance, which is imperative to keeping the Homestead at an optimal level at all times.
The staff bring the beauty and sparkle of the Estate – the team follow established interior and exterior maintenance schedules, however are ready to pivot when external forces of nature come into play – or the Principals and guests visit.
The Principals are a family who are big foodies and the Estate is their sanctuary. They always look forward to enjoying the rewards of the Estate – the produce from the Estate gardens, combined with local, seasonal produce provides a colourful palate for staff to create, inspire and delight the Family when they come to stay.
The current General Manager was in residence for 15 years and is now moving to the city, so this amazing opportunity is now open.
A NEW START
The Estate would like to hire an experienced, young couple who are interested in establishing themselves at a luxury estate and want to engage in an exciting and rewarding property which has a contemporary ‘Estate to Plate’ ethos.
The Family enjoy the meticulous standard set by international yacht crew. There is a strong preference for the couple to have a solid yachting or estate management background with top hospitality experience. The Family are warm and friendly, noting that there should be a level of professionalism maintained at all times.
Reporting to the Owner’s Representative, the couple will be responsible for the running of the property together with other estate staff and long-term contractors.
The ideal couple will be professional, dynamic, experienced and fun to be around. They must be hardworking, highly organised and respectful of the current team
• • •
Due to a combination of Covid disruptions, travel restrictions and the recent extreme weather conditions on the East Coast of New South Wales, there is a period of restoration and heavy maintenance required the property. The new upgraded team will need to work together to reinstate the property and bring a new sparkle to the Estate for the Family to enjoy.
In addition to the Homestead, there is temporary staff accommodation which can house between 4-8 persons at “Central”; adjacent to the main Homestead. The upkeep, maintenance and cleanliness of Central is an expected part of the job responsibility.
The housing for the successful candidates is a brand new 4 bedroom Manager’s cottage which sits on a separate parcel of land on the outer edges of the Estate. The cottage is only accessible by car and is 500 metres from the main Homestead. With the paint barely dry on this new residence, it is a blank canvas for the new couple to make their own. Part of the brief will be to ensure that the immediate grounds and cottage are well maintained.
Finally, there is a 3 bedroom Sydney apartment – where the Family require minimal services. It is be maintained during their absence; to be clean and refreshed prior to their arrival in Sydney.
Estate/General Manager – Couple
Reporting to the Owner’s Representative; plan, execute and monitor the overall management of the property and facilities. Hire, train and manage staff as and when needed. Meticulous management of Homestead and city property – regular maintenance of Central and Manager’s Cottage. Interface with accountants, attorneys, architect, contractors, gardeners and administrative staff located locally and internationally.
Significant restoration of Estate including
• renovations of rain-damaged parts of the Homestead
• regular maintenance of Homestead
• upgrade/repair of paddock and boundary fences
• review of the Estate security system
• establish Estate fire safety protocol
• ensure all parts of the property are adhering with government regulations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Immaculate presentation of property
• Care and maintenance of fine furniture, delicate fabrics and sensitive surfaces which require knowledge of appropriate cleaning products and cleaning methods
• Cleaning staff required to take optimum care of variety of finishes on walls, floors and furnishings
• Establishment of daily, weekly and annual rotational check lists for all routine maintenance tasks
• When family and/or guests in residence, daily housekeeping including making beds, tidying bedrooms, bathrooms and living areas.
• Assistance with meal preparation and presentation, and food and beverage service when Principals and guests are in residence
• Shopping and stocking of food pantry, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
• Inventory maintenance of wine cellar and beverages
• Inventory maintenance of all consumables, glasses and drinkware and dining equipment and utensils
• Inventory maintenance of items of value and collectibles
• When family in residence valeting of clothes including washing, ironing, minor repairs, shoe cleaning and dry cleaning
• Garden maintenance, lawn mowing, hedge clipping (outside of landscapers)
• Garbage recycling and disposal
• General errands as required
• Liaising with Principals/Owner’s Representative in relation to diary management
• Household budget, financial management, house guests’ requirements and entertainment and events
• Airport pick up and drop off when Principals and Family arrive
• Lead/monitor Estates social media channels
• Monitor website as needed
Required skills and qualities:
• Management knowledge of country property and farming preferred
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Outstanding eye for detail and fastidious attention to detail
• Ability to work resourcefully and on own initiative
• Excellent food and beverage service skills
• Flexibility and adaptability to the requirements of the role
• Competency with household maintenance and minor repairs
• Ability to maintain exterior property, gardens and lawns
• Proficient computer skills
• Absolute confidentiality and discretion
• Professional personal presentation
• Mature, friendly and confident disposition
• Professional demeanour when dealing with family and guests
- Classification: Residential
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time