- $110,000 + Super (negotiable)
- Live on or off the yacht
- Sydney, home base
- Couple friendly yacht
A 36m charter yacht is on the search for an experienced MED 1 engineer to join their upcoming program.
The yacht is in survey but will only take the occasional charter.
Cruising will mostly consist of low-key private use, with owner and friends
Engines (MTU’s) and generators (Kohler) have recently been overhauled, along with the majority of systems onboard.
Engineering focus will be on maintaining general preventative maintenance measures and continuing to meet survey requirements.
As the yacht maintains a permanent base in Sydney the engineer will have the option to live ashore, however crew can live onboard if preferred.
Terrific Inner-city home port location & a great team environment onboard
The yacht will spend roughly 9- 10 months in Sydney / year with a few months away up the east coast over the winter months
The yacht is also couple friendly and would consider candidates partnered with various combinations, stewardess, deck ect
The Ideal Candidate
- MED 1 or higher
- Seafarer medical
- Engineering experience on vessels of similar size
- Relaxed but professional approach to work
- Can effectively coordinate yard periods with the captain
- Some experience with MTU’s preferable
- Understanding of AMSA survey requirements and legislation
- Can assist on deck or with watches as required
- Full work rights for Australia
- Looking to offer a long-term commitment
Start Date– Late June / early July 2019
Salary– Starting from $110,000 AUD + Super / Year with possibility to go higher for someone with great experience
This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced engineer to join a relaxed, low key, family friendly program with great crew & owners
- Classification: Engineer
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time