Are you based in Brisbane and looking for a role with life balance?
Do you have fishing experience?
• Brisbane based (live ashore) (Couple Friendly)
• Deckhand with fishing experience
• Own Cabin (crew of 3)
The yacht will be operating out of Brisbane, with some summer cruising in Tasmania and occasional Whitsundays trip & out to the swains fishing.
Remainder of 2022 will be based in Brisbane
2023 will involve Tasmania, Sydney, Brisbane & Whitsundays.
A normal trip out would be a week to 10 days with a week or 2 in between.
The yacht runs with 3 permanent crew.
Each crew member has their own cabin but shares a bathroom.
When in Brisbane the crew live at home and come in to do a 5-day week, only live aboard when the boat is away from Brisbane.
95% of the time it is just Mr & Mrs on board only. (2 guests)
The position would suit crew based in Brisbane who are looking to continue their career whilst also living ashore.
The main activity is fishing so the deck/mate has to really love fishing, be confident rigging lines , picking conditions & maintaining gear
The yacht is also on the search for a stewardess / cook and is open to teams
The Ideal Candidate
• Deckhand experience (either yachts or tourism)
• Fishing Experience
• Own accommodation in Brisbane (or able to get)
• Can commit to the trips away
• Can work well within a small team
• Enjoys a low key, family operation
• Personable, easy going in approach
• Happy to assist across departments
• Work rights for Australia
Start: Flexible, prior to December 2022
Salary: Based on Experience, paid within the Australian system
- Classification: Deckhand / Bosun
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time