Are you interested in kicking off 2021 with a new position?
Are you looking to build some engineering experience on a reputable superyacht?
- Live onboard or off
- Sydney home base
- Yacht to arrive into Australia early January
MYS is recruiting for 2 X deck roles (deckhand & deck/engineer) on a soon to arrive 35m private MY that will be basing out of Sydney
The yacht will arrive early January and will go straight into a brief yard period around the Gold Coast / Brisbane region before making its way down to Sydney for the tail end of the summer.
The crew will have the option of living onboard or ashore whilst the yacht resides in Sydney
Whilst Sydney will be its home base the yacht intends to cruise the east coast QLD in winter with possibilities for NZ / South Pacific Islands.
The yacht will be used for private use only for a seasoned Australian yacht owner who has a reputation for keeping crew long term.
The yacht is interested in candidates looking to build tickets and after time in the engine room, learning from an experienced captain / engineer.
The yacht will be run with a core fulltime crew of 4 being –
-Captain / Engineer
-Deck / Engineer
+ casual chef & additional stew for larger trips
The Ideal candidates
- Deckhand or Deckhand/engineer experience, yachts or commercial
- Looking for an all-round position (deck, tenders, bridge, engine room)
- Hoping to grow sea time for tickets
- Will offer a firm commitment of a few years (longevity trumps experience with this owner & captain)
- Power boat level 2 or similar
- Engineering inclined and keen to learn
- Full Australia / NZ work rights
- Located in Australia
Start: Early January 2021
Salary: To be discussed on experience
This is an excellent opportunity for 2 X deckhands to build both deck / bridge and engineering time
- Classification: Deckhand / Bosun
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time