Are you interested in joining a prestigious 65m SY as it sails the South Pacific?
Are you located within Australia for joining purposes (due to COVID restrictions)?
This high profile 65m Classic three masted schooner is on the search for an experienced deckhand to join their professional team.
The yacht has recently undergone a large yard period and will soon set sail once internal COVID restrictions ease.
The yacht is run with a crew of around 13 and is used for private use only, and often takes part or spectates in large Regatta’s around the globe.
The yacht will sail Australia during this initial period before undergoing a guest trip in Fiji, with plans for the Americas cup in New Zealand early next year
Being a classic style yacht, the position will be extremely hands on with regards to deck duties, maintenance and passages.
The yacht is also open to foreign nationals currently residing within Australia.
The ideal Candidate
- Sail yacht background, professional or strong recreational
- Superyacht experience preferred
- Working towards (or in possession) of a yachtmaster sail
- Comfortable with sail changes, line handling, long passages, understanding of rigging
- Some racing experience will be highly regarded
- Knowledge of maintenance products & general yacht upkeep
- Team player, able to take direction well
- Watchkeeper experience on sail yachts, (delivery / flotilla / club)
- Currently residing within Australia
Start Date: Flexible (the yacht has some time and will look to secure the deckhand as soon as they begin to move)
Salary: DOE, Paid in $US dollars , On industry standard
- Classification: Deckhand / Bosun
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time