Do you have an interest in scientific research or ocean conservation?
Are you interested in a yacht with a home base in Brisbane? (in between trips)
A high profile, off the beaten track explorer yacht is on the search for an enthusiastic Deckhand to join their professional team
The vessel carries 2x 10m twin screw tenders and a jet landing craft.
The vessel will be arriving into Australia later this month where it will undergo a yard period in the Brisbane area for the remainder of the year
The expedition yacht will be using Brisbane as its home port but intends to travel remote locations across Australia, Micronesia and South Pacific islands for a mixture of private and science trips
The yacht houses interesting explorer toys and spends allot of time in remote locations at anchor.
Would suit someone who has a genuine interest in diving and ocean conservation, who loves being at sea.
Since the boat will be based out of Brisbane for the next 2 years, Aus and NZ candidates preferable due to travel restrictions world-wide.
The Ideal Candidate
- Deckhand experience on yachts or commercial
- Tender licence and driving experience
- Dive ticket preferable
- All-round water enthusiast
- Good knowledge of deck products
- Well presented and professional
- Can take direction well
- Love of ocean and interest in ocean conservation
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID
- Super adventurous and active
- Preferably located in QLD
Salary: +/- US $3500 DOE, 45 days leave and 1 flight per year + Medical + courses paid after 1 year
Start: October/November 2021
- Classification: Deckhand / Bosun
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time