Are you an experienced deckhand looking to join a very prestigious charter/private yacht?
Are you looking to build up commercial sea time and time on the bridge?
- Fulltime Hours
- Attractive Day rate: $350-$400 AUD / day (when north), hourly rate ($35/hr) when in Sydney
- Live ashore when in Sydney
A high-profile charter/private MY is on the search for an experienced deck/mate to join them on a permanent / fulltime contract for their time in Sydney and in the Whitsundays.
The yacht is extremely selective about its charters and tends to focus on term and low guest number trips.
The yacht will be used mostly privately when up North.
Yearly Itinerary consists of Sydney (October to May) Gold Coast (yard period in June/July) Whitsundays (August/September)
The captain strongly encourages an independent approach to the deck/mates work and the successful candidate should be highly motivated and a self-starter.
Mentoring opportunity with both bridge and big yacht wheel time given.
The yacht also runs a variety of different tenders and the deck/mate should be comfortable with boat handling.
The Ideal Candidate
- Coxswain or Master 5 (or willing to obtain quickly)
- Deck or mate experience on Superyachts
- Dive tickets advantageous
- Strong tender driving skills
- Can get behind a buff and a chamois
- Looking to offer a firm commitment to the yachts program.
- Mature character, professional and reliable
- Work rights for Australia
Start: End of February (earlier for interview/trial)
Salary: $350-$400 AUD / day (North) $35 / Hour (Sydney) (Fulltime Hours)
- Classification: Deckhand / Bosun
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time