Are you an experienced cook/stew interested in joining a family style yacht?
Do you enjoy working in a blended position and in a small team environment?
A private 28m MY is on the search for a cook/stew to join them for their summer program in Australia and perhaps beyond.
The Successful candidate will join the yacht in the Brisbane/Gold Coast regions before it makes the journey to Sydney for the peak of the summer period.
The yacht will ring in NYE on the harbour with the best seats in the house for the 9pm & midnight fireworks display
The yacht will undertake a variety of family trips over the Sydney summer before continuing down to Melbourne around March 2019
Plan for winter next year is to take the yacht to Fiji where it will be based for the winter season
The yacht maintains a small team environment of 3 and the cook/stew will assist across departments, helping each other out as required.
While the cook/stew will be responsible for crew and guest meals, the expectation is basic, family/homestyle style (not a chef position)
Live onboard position
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience as a cook/stew on small yachts
- Confident preparing basic meals
- Can provision well and accurately
- Manage stores and galley
- Good service and housekeeping skills
- A talented allrounder who enjoys a blended role
- Personable, friendly and a good sense of humour
- Looking to offer a firm commitment for summer
- Full work rights for Australia/NZ
Duration– Summer Contract (with possibility to extend)
Salary– $1200 AUD / week, Negotiable for right candidate
- Classification: Cook
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Seasonal