Are you a young upcoming OOW or Chief Mate looking for a world travelling yacht?
Are you interested in being mentored for drive time / relief captain responsibilities?
A high profile private MY is on the search for a new chief officer to join their crew of 9
The yacht is currently residing in Australia during this COVID period and therefore are only open to candidates within Australia
The yacht has a watersports emphasis, very big into diving & fishing
While the chief officer must have experience with ISM this is not a bridge sitting role and the CO must be very hands on, leading the team by example
The captain is hoping for someone to mentor with drive time, encourage ticket growth in the hope of the CO being able to stand in as relief captain once able.
The person must have experience with ISM and the paperwork that follows
Itinerary over next 12 months will include Australia, NZ &PNG
The Ideal Candidate
- 2nd officer or chief officer experience
- OOW minimum, chief mate preferred (will consider NZ/AMSA equivalents)
- Strong water sports experience
- Dive ticket would be handy, knowledge of game fishing
- Small yacht captain time would be an advantage
- Knowledge of maintenance products
- Can work well within an ISM framework
Start Date– Flexible (can wait for a notice period)
Salary- To be discussed on interview
- Classification: Mate/Officer
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time