Are you a Y1 / Y2 or equivalent looking for a rotational position on an expedition style yacht?
Are you an active Surfer, Kite surfer or Diver?
A high profile 80m+ Expedition yacht with a world cruising itinerary is on the search for a new chief engineer to join their professional and fun team.
The yacht is equipped with all the state-of-the-art tenders, toys and machines of leisure, including a helipad, sea doos’ & large ribs ect
The yacht can comfortably cruise at around 18 knots for up to 5,000 nm range and intends to use it.
Already semi-circumnavigating the globe, the yacht will continue to do so and will look to cruise off the beaten locations around the world
twin compact MTU engines, each producing over 2800 kW.
The chief engineer will have the privilege of working with a very active and fun crew, who are all about surfing , kiting and diving the various locations the yacht visits.
The crew have the ability to utilise the Superyacht toys when there are no guests onboard, giddy-up !
Candidates who share a like minded approach will be highly considered
The yacht has 22 crew in total, 3 in the engine room + Deck/Engineer
The Ideal Candidate
- Chief engineer experience on vessels 60m+
- Experience with MTU’s favourable
- Experience with warranty work and documenting performance status
- Can work effectively with another rotating chief and managing a small engineering team
- Can work within a full ISM framework
- Excellent project management skills
- Fit, active, healthy (non-smokers)
- Excellent longevity in previous roles
- Y1 or Y2 or commercial equivalent
- STCW & seafarer medical
Cabin arrangement– Own Cabin
Rotation – 2 months on 2 months off + flights (worldwide)
Salary– From 7,000€ / month (Negotiable), paid all year round + 13th month bosun
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced chief engineer to travel off the beaten track locations with an adventurous and fun crew
- Classification: Engineer
- Location: Worldwide
- Type: Rotational