Are you an experienced engineer looking for a rotation on an ‘off the beaten track’ private yacht?
Do you have proven longevity in previous positions?
- Equal time 2:2
- Handover given (of engineer of 10 years duration)
- Flexible on COC requirement
A high profile 50m private MY is on the search for an experienced rotational chief engineer to join their professional team.
Working alongside the other rotational chief engineer (of 10 years strong) the incoming chief will receive an adequate handover before taking the reins for their on swing
Itinerary: 2022 – Bali & Raja Ampat
2023- Alaska , Mexico & Panama TBD
The owner enjoys off the beaten track destinations, has completed several circumnavigations, and particularly likes areas with good diving focus
There is a young and active crew dynamic onboard and the incoming chief should enjoy working within a fun and vibrant team.
Experience with Cat engines and Northern Light Generators a plus
Added interest in water focused leisure pursuits also favourable
The Ideal Candidate
- Chief engineer or strong 2nd engineer experience
- Trade qualified preferred
- Flexible on COC, around the MEC 3 or Y4/3 level
- Proven longevity in previous roles
- Enjoys working within a fun team
- Happy with a traveling yacht
- Good forward thinking with work lists and spares
- Can manage yard periods effectively (alongside rotating captains)
- Good communication skills
- Still very hands on with their engineering
Due to destinations the yacht cannot take candidates with specific dietary requirements
Start: End of June / Start of July
Salary: $7500-$8500 US / Month (paid 12 months) + flights
- Classification: Engineer
- Location: Worldwide
- Type: Rotational