Are you an experienced Superyacht engineer looking for a yacht with a home base?
Are you interested in working for a personable Australian family?
MYS is on the search for an experienced Superyacht Chief Engineer to join a ‘soon to arrive’ 55m private MY (foreign flag) that will be basing out of Sydney.
The chief engineer will have the option of living ashore or onboard & with recent border restrictions easing the yacht will be open to candidates in both Australia & New Zealand
The yacht houses twin waterjet MTU engines >5000 kw
The 55m will be based in Sydney for most of the year with some intentions for extended trips over the winter period around the Whitsundays. Further international trips possible pending borders
This is a family orientated 55m MY (owner with kids) and the yacht will undertake relaxed family trips enjoying the usual water toys of leisure.
The ideal candidate
- Chief Engineer experience on Superyachts or strong 2nd
- Flexible on ticket, will consider both commercial or yacht (Y, SV) COC
- Strong preventative maintenance skills
- Can effectively project manage yard periods
- Meticulous with records / logs
- Can manage budgets and reporting well
- Experience with MTU’s preferred
- Can work well with captain & owner to build a terrific program
- Looking for longevity and willing to offer a firm commitment
- Work rights for Australia
Start Date: 4-6 weeks
Salary: To be discussed (give us your expectation)
(this will begin as a non-rotational position but offers a solid home base in Sydney)
- Classification: Engineer
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time