Do you hold a MEC 2 and interested in cruising the Kimberley this winter?
Are you looking to join a new program based in the South Pacific?
- Seasonal or Fulltime (rotation considered 2022)
- MEC 2 (STCW) (delivery or permanent) , may consider MEC 3 once arrived into Australia
- 14 crew total (open to couples)
- Expedition Style
The 53m expedition yacht is classed as a 32 pax passenger ship and will require the crew to have STCW endorsed certificates.
The chief engineer will join the yacht for the final stages of the build before launch and sea trials.
Maiden voyage will be to Australia where the yacht will look to operate around the great barrier reef & remote Kimberley region from July to November 2021
Summer will be spent cruising New Zealand and the yacht will maintain a permanent home base in the region.
The owner will consider a chief engineer for either.
- 6-month contract
- Fulltime (with possible rotation in 2022, pending COVID border restrictions)
The yacht will be foreign flagged and open to candidate’s world wide
Chief Engineers with Australia or New Zealand passports will be highly considered due to ongoing operational area.
The yacht will ideally want the MEC 2 chief to join for the final 1 month of build and delivery to Australia & ongoing
Will consider a MEC 3 chief engineer once arrived and delivery MEC 2 chief depending engineer availabilities / interest
MYS will be looking for a full crew compliment including:
-Captain, Officers/OOW, Deck & Stew (all STCW certificates required)
The Ideal Chief Engineer
- MEC 2 or MEC 3
- Seafarer medical
- Yacht background preferred (but not essential)
- Very hands on
- can work within an ISM framework.
- Can document warranty issues.
- Good forward thinking with ships spares with remote cruising.
- Very safety conscious
- Experience with new builds advantageous
- Can work closely with project manager & captain
Start: 27th April 2021
Salary: Depending on experience
- Classification: Engineer
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time