- Y4 or equivalent, minimum
- $8,500 US / Month (DOE)
- 2 years’ experience on large sail yachts
Are you a chief engineer looking for a dual season private yacht?
Do you have a thorough knowledge of Sat communications/Home entertainment systems?
A high profile private 48m SY is on the search for an experienced Y4 chief engineer to join their professional team of 9
The yacht is currently undergoing its yard period for its periodic Lloyds Survey and will sail for the Caribbean early December.
After which the yacht will make the crossing back for the Mediterranean season.
The yacht houses Caterpillar engine and Northern Light Generators and is a custom-built sloop
The chief engineer will have a strong second engineer for support and the knowledge an experienced captain who has been dedicated to the yacht for 8 years +
The Ideal Candidate
- Y4 or equivalent (minimum)
- Thorough knowledge of Sat communications/Home entertainment systems
- 2 years’ experience as engineer on large sail yachts
- Very hands on
- Preference for a yachtmaster ticket
- Happy to adopt the small team environment mentality that ‘we all help each other out’
- STCW, ENG 1
- B1/B2 (or eligible to get)
- Effective project management skills
- Can adopt a strict preventative maintenance schedule
- Maintains an organized and clean engine room
Start Date: Flexible (Before early December)
Salary- $8,500 US / Month DOE , Negotiable + 42 days leave (no rotation) + flights + Medical
Conditions– 90-day trial period
- Classification: Engineer
- Location: Worldwide
- Type: Full-Time