- Couple Friendly (with Stewardess)
- From $9,000 US / Month DOE (negotiable to go up)
- Start September 2019 (with handover)
Are you an experienced engineer looking to join a world travelling program?
Do you value working for good owners and crew?
An extremely well run private MY is on the search for an experienced engineer to join their exciting cruising schedule.
The yacht has completed 2 circumnavigations in the last 8 years and the crew enjoy an adventurous and active lifestyle in the various locations which they visit
Sept will be US NE winter Carib and summer 20 unconfirmed but likely Med.
September will be US cruising followed by the Caribbean for the Winter. The yacht will then cross to the Med and cruise the Greek islands, with a possibility of continuing far East for some off the beaten track cruising
The yacht has a watersports and fishing focus (no jet skis) and a new Castoldi Tender
The yacht is private so will consider experienced engineers without the ticket but will prefer candidates with or close to a Y4 or Y3 or commercial equivalent
The yacht has a healthy budget so will pay on the level of experience and ticket
Caterpillar engines and cruising speed of around 14 knots
The yacht is couple friendly and would consider candidates partnered with an experienced Stewardess
The Ideal Candidate
- Above all will be enthusiastic with a positive attitude towards yachting
- Energetic, active and hands on
- Chief engineer experience on vessels 40m+ or 2nd on 60m+
- Good technical knowledge
- Enjoys contributing to a fun and active team environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Sound preventative maintenance skills
- Looking for career progression and building on tickets and sea time
- Y4 or Y3 but will consider strong un-ticketed
- STCW, ENG 1, B1/B2 (preferred)
Start Date: September 2019
Salary: Above industry standard (paid in US dollars) & to match the candidates experience
This is a terrific opportunity to join a well-established superyacht with adventurous owners who are familiar with superyachts and the costs associated with maintaining them
- Classification: Engineer
- Location: Americas
- Type: Full-Time