Are you an experienced chief engineer looking to go land based in Auckland?
Do you also enjoy diving & fishing and being a part of an energetic crew?
A family orientated private yacht with a permanent berth in Auckland is on the search for a chief engineer to join their program.
Only a few years old, the vessel spends 9 months of the year based in New Zealand and roughly 3 months of the year cruising the South Pacific Islands.
The yacht is run with a crew of 4 and the vessel owners are relaxed, family orientated and thoroughly enjoy fishing and diving.
The position would suit an experienced engineer who has built up experience abroad on superyachts or commercial vessels and who is now looking for something semi-land based in Auckland
While the crew each have their own areas of responsibilities, being a small yacht they also assist each other across departments when necessary.
- Has experience above ticket, although a Y3 / MEC 3 or MED 1 level engineer required
- Experience working with MTU engines advantageous
- Strong preventative maintenance skills
- Familiarity with sourcing of parts, contractors in Auckland
- Can maintain a navigational watch
- Professional approach with strong work ethic
- Active, energetic and a can contribute to the fun and professional atmosphere onboard
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a chief/ sole or 2nd on larger vessels 60m+
- Have own accommodation in Auckland (live off position while at home)
- Fishing and Diving experience/qualifications preferred
- Full work rights for NZ/OZ
Start Date– Flexible. Before Mid-November 2018 with a handover
Salary– $110,000 NZ / Year DOE. 5 day working week (average) + 4 weeks holiday/year
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced engineer to gain a terrific lifestyle position in Auckland with a healthy balance between time at home and time at sea
- Classification: Engineer
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time