Are you a professional, energetic captain looking for a position with great longevity?
Do you enjoy working with personable owners in a family friendly environment?
A high end 86’ MY is on the search for an experienced captain/ engineer to join their active program.
The yacht is run to a high standard, in survey and takes the occasional charter along the east coast.
However due to the yacht being used privately 95% of the time the owners would be open to candidates holding MCA certification with good experience from overseas (with contract captain for charters)
The captain / engineer must not only be an excellent boat handler but an effective manager, being able to coordinate trades, manage crew, ships paperwork, budgets/expenses, survey requirements and yard periods.
Preference for the captain to live onboard permanently as it operates dual seasons along the East Coast.
The vessel has a long fuel range and there is the possibility of a trip to the south pacific over the winter period (Fiji)
The owner is looking to form a lasting working relationship with a good captain who is looking to offer a firm commitment and a high level of service to his family and friends
The owner has a good history with yachts and captains and understands the requirements/costs involved with running a professional yacht
The Ideal Candidate
- Drive time on vessels 70’-100’
- Good engineering knowledge
- High level of professionalism
- Very presentable
- Drive tickets AMSA: master 5 minimum MCA: Master 200 tonnes minimum (prefer higher)
- Understanding of Australian survey/flag requirements
- Level headed with good business acumen
- Overseas Superyacht experience preferable
- Some experience along the east coast of Australia
- Energetic and hands-on (no bridge sitters)
- Looking for several years’ commitment
- Work rights for Australia / NZ
Salary– What it takes to secure the right candidate starting from $100,000 TRP + (incentives) willing to negotiate (also open to the young up and comers looking for first fulltime drive)
Start Date– Flexible (ideally early February) with a handover
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional captain to join a well-run yacht with an active, dual season program
- Classification: Captain
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time