Are you an up and coming captain looking for a family orientated vessel?
Do value and are looking for a position with longevity?
- Live Onboard
- $8,000-$10,000 AUD / Month
- Gold Coast, Sydney, Melbourne, Whitsundays, New Zealand
The previous skipper of this yacht has been there 5 years + and is only moving on to go completely shore based.
The position would suit an unattached captain, with lots of energy, keen to establish a long-term working relationship with a terrific family
There is a fulltime stew/deck/cook who also lives onboard, each with their own cabins
The yacht will cruise the east coast of Australia and undertake its yard periods around the Gold Coast region.
Coming down to Sydney for summer, the vessel will ring in the new year on the harbour before setting off for Melbourne.
Next winter will be in the Whitsunday region.
The yacht will then look to head to NZ for the Americas Cup (berths already booked in Auckland)
The captain/ engineer must have both good boat handling / management skills as well as a strong engineering background
As the yacht is privately owned, they are open to both MCA and AMSA tickets
The ideal candidate
- Captain experience on vessels 60’-100’ in length
- Strong engineering experience
- Energetic and hands on
- Family friendly personality, personable and relaxed
- Can work well with a young cook/stew/deck
- Knowledge of the Australian East Coast
- Master 5 or yachtmaster minimum
- Full work rights for Australia
- Offer a firm commitment to a travelling yacht
Start– ASAP (with handover)
Salary- $8,000-$10,000 AUD / Month DOE
- Classification: Captain
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time