Are you a small yacht captain looking for a terrific lifestyle position?
Do you value working for a long-term yacht owner who gives you autonomy?
Replacing the current captain of 5 years, the incoming captain will receive an excellent handover before taking the reins.
The yacht is used strictly for private use only with very low guest numbers.
A typical trip would involve a relaxed dinner onboard with Mr & Mrs , with catering taken care of externally.
Captain should be a BBQ master however and happy to eat the occasional meal with the family.
This is a reasonably low usage yacht, but is busy around the Dec/January period + Easter holidays (Pittwater) and looks to spend every 2nd season in the Whitsundays (Hamilton Island Berth)
The yacht has been very well maintained and is a recent build and the owner may look to get something else in roughly 5 years’ time.
The captain must be hands on with the general maintenance however engineering is largely taken care of by outside contractors.
The Ideal Candidate
- Drive time in Sydney Harbour / Pittwater region (on similar size)
- Ideally a superyacht background
- Very hands on and enjoys role variety.
- Responsible and can get on with the position without oversight.
- Can managed budgets and expenditure.
- Looking to offer a firm long-term commitment.
- Own accommodation ashore whilst in Sydney
- Excellent yacht handling skills
- Professional, courteous, personable
- Work rights for Australia
Start: Late March for a handover (could interview/trial from early March)
Salary: Based on Experience, expectation given on application
- Classification: Captain
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time