Do you hold a commercial master II/2 (STCW) ?
Are you looking to join a new program based in the South Pacific?
- Seasonal or Fulltime (rotation considered 2022)
- Commercial master II/2 (STCW) (MCA 3000gt yacht ticket not considered)
- 14 crew total (open to couples)
- Expedition Style
The 53m expedition yacht is classed as a 32 pax passenger ship and will require the crew to have STCW endorsed certificates.
The captain will join the yacht for the final stages of the build before launch and sea trials.
Maiden voyage will be to Australia where the yacht will look to operate around the great barrier reef & remote Kimberley region from July to November 2021
Summer will be spent cruising New Zealand and the yacht will maintain a permanent home base in the region.
The owner will consider a captain for either.
- 6-month contract
- Fulltime (with possible rotation in 2022, pending COVID border restrictions)
The yacht will be foreign flagged and open to candidate’s world wide
Captains with Australia or New Zealand passports will be highly considered due to ongoing operational area.
MYS will be looking for a full crew compliment including:
-Chief Engineer, Officers/OOW, Deck & Stew (all STCW certificates required)
The Ideal Captain
- Commercial master II/2 (STCW)
- Seafarer medical
- Yacht background preferred (but not essential)
- Experience around GBR and/or Kimberley (highly advantageous)
- Proven crew management ability
- Excellent ISM background
- Experience on vessels >500gt
Start: 27th April 2021
Salary: Depending on experience
- Classification: Captain
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time