Are you looking for a dream captain position with a home base in Perth?
Are you looking to establish a long-term working relationship with personable yacht owners?
An amazing opportunity has become available for a professional captain to join a 35m new build (prior to launch)
The yacht is due for completion in early March 2019 in Europe.
After launch the vessel will do one season cruising the Western Mediterranean before being loaded for delivery in Australia late 2019
The vessel will be Australian flagged, built to class / survey and will operate a mixture of private & charters up and down the Western Australian Coast.
With a home base in Perth the yacht will be run with a crew of 6 and will undertake some trips to the Kimberley’s.
The family are young and active, enjoy game fishing, water sports and relaxed cruising with family and friends
The position would suit an energetic captain looking to establish a long-term partnership with a terrific owner and a life balance that comes with a yacht with a home base.
Prior to launch the captain will fly in/out to Europe working closely with the yard and owners to implement the finishing touches to the yacht
The Ideal Candidate
- Master 4 & MED 2 (or 500/3000 tonnes with AMSA yacht endorsement)
- STCW, seafarer medical
- Full work rights for Australia/NZ
- New Build, Charter experience Ideal (but not essential)
- Good project management skills
- Active, energetic & looking to offer a long-term commitment
- Experience with ISM, class & flag requirements
- Effective management skills, crew and yacht
- Enjoys fishing and water activities
- Can effectively manage warranty work
Start Date– Early 2019
Salary– to $130,000 AUD / year DOE + Vehicle + Benefits
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced captain to join at the beginning of a long-term program
- Classification: Captain
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time