Do you hold a EOOW or higher?
Are you looking for a rotational position within Australian waters?
The expedition vessel is halfway between a yacht and a small cruise ship and operates with all Australian & New Zealand crew
The company operates throughout several destinations around Australia depending on the season including Kimberley’s, Great Barrier Reef, Tasmania & the South Pacific Islands
The companies vessels are all Australian flagged and commercial and therefore a terrific way to maintain days at sea
The 1st engineer will work directly underneath the chief engineer and will work on a 6 week on 6 week off rotation
Will fly candidates from any major city in Australia.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Second engineer is responsible to the Chief Engineer for the safe and efficient operation of the plant as an engine room watchkeeper as apart of the team.
• Continued ongoing Development and implementation of a Preventative
• Planned maintenance services to manufacturers recommendations and survey requirements.
Upkeep of workbooks/records for such maintenance and regular stock take of spares to ensue sufficient spares and consumables are at hand to minimize down time.
• Maintenance of fire fighting equipment and safety gear in good order
• Engine maintenance and the cleanliness and general condition of the engine room
Including the emptying of used oil tanks.
• Testing of all safety devices fitted.
• Maintenance of the pumps, hydraulic equipment, electrical equipment lighting and
Bridge equipment. Any other maintenance or repair required for the integrity of the ship.
• Checking of voids and steering equipment
• Maintenance of the scuba compressor and outboard motor(s)
• Bunkering of fuel and oil as required
• Check and action the maintenance log book
• Comply with oil pollution regulations and maintain the oil record book
• Comply with all regulations lSM codes of conduct and standards
• Also responsible for the identification of hazards and where possible such hazards should be rectified immediately and in all cases recorded in the hazard log
• Presentations and Engine room tours for guests
• Dinning with guests as requested
Maintain and upkeep the following manuals as required by AMSA/ Lloyds and Qld Transport
– Ship’s technical manual
– Ship’s maintenance and service manual
– Ship’s maintenance records
– Ship’s safety management plan
– Marine occupational health and safety manual
– Oil pollution emergency plan
• Stand watch unless emergency mechanical and electrical matters need attention.
• Assist the Master on the bridge as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- EOOW with AMSA endorsement or higher
- AMSA Seafarer Medical
- 2nd or chief engineer experience on yachts or cruise ships
- Knowledge of AMSA Survey requirements
- Good technical knowledge
- Can work within a full ISM framework.
- Meticulous with logs, permits to work & safety drills
- Australian work rights
Start Date: ASAP
Rotation: 6 weeks on 6 weeks off
Salary: $82,000 AUD + Super
- Classification: Engineer
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time