Are you an experienced engineer/deck looking to join a dual season charter yacht?
A recently built 40m+ charter yacht is on the search for an experienced 2nd engineer to join their team.
The yacht is run to the highest standard and operates some high-end charters each year amongst private trips with the owner and family.
The yacht will cruise the remainder of the European season in the Western Med before undertaking the crossing to the US/Caribbean and will most likely take part in the Antigua yacht show
The yacht has its sights on cruising through the Pacific Islands in the coming years including time in the Galapagos Islands, Fiji, New Zealand and Australian regions.
There is good diversity amongst the crew including Brits, NZ, Australians, South/Central Americans
The 2nd engineer will be required to assist on deck during charters but will assume an engineer role when no guests are onboard., can work independently and can assist the chief engineer with repairs, maintenance and fault finding
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to get involved with guests and driving tenders and toys while building up their engineering time
The Ideal Applicant
- Preferably someone from a trade background
- Some previous 2nd or 3rd engineer experience, AEC minimum
- Some tender driving experience
- Will be looking to develop a good longstanding relationship with the yacht
- Fun loving who enjoys travel and being active outside of yacht life
- Current STCW, ENG 1
- B1/B2 preferable
- Looking to progress engineering time and tickets
- Good troubleshooting aptitude
Start Date– End of October 2018
Salary- 3500 Euro / month Depending on Experience + standard MLC benefits/leave entitlements
- Classification: Engineer
- Location: Americas
- Type: Full-Time