Interested in joining a yacht with Scientific research focus?
Do you enjoy a mixture of off the beaten track cruising and a yacht with a home base?
World cruising expedition motor yacht that maintains a permanent berth in Perth, WA seeks an experienced 2nd engineer (with AV/IT Skills) to join their professional team.
The yacht will be used for scientific/research missions throughout the WA, Indian Ocean and Antarctica regions
The yacht will undertake a few prolonged trips away however will maintain a permanent residence in Perth (around 6 months/ year)
Based in Perth, the yacht has plans for an Antarctic Voyage and will be going through the ice rating survey inspections.
This, with the addition of a soon to be completed helicopter pad extension the vessel will look to cruise very remote destinations throughout the Indian Ocean and beyond!
The yacht will undertake a few prolonged trips away however will maintain a permanent residence in Perth (around 6 months)
Perfect for a 2nd engineer looking for a yacht that offers life balance between time at home and time at sea
Will be working under the guidance of 2 very experience rotating chief engineers
Must be a team player with the following skills:
– Y4/Y3, EOOW or MEC 3 minimum
– Some AV/IT skills
– Experience with IDEA planned maintenance system
– Hands on to work closely with C/E.
– Must be able to pick things up quick and hit the ground running.
– Should have positive attitude with a love of the ocean. Will suit an individual who enjoys surfing, kiting, fishing, diving.
– Great young crew with a sense of adventure.
– Good longevity & references
– Work Rights for Australia
Salary offered: DOE, AUD Equivalent of $6000 US – $7,500 US / month DOE
Leave allowance: 6 weeks annual
Itinerary: Australia, Asia, Antarctica over the next 4 yrs
Start Date: Flexible, with 2-4 week handover with outgoing 2nd
- Classification: Engineer
- Location: Australia/NZ
- Type: Full-Time