Are you an experienced 1st Mate or Officer looking for that rare Sydney based opportunity?
Are you looking for a position that offers a terrific life balance?
A private Superyacht is on the search for an experienced 1st officer to join their program.
The yacht is run very professionally and to a high standard and incorporates ISM and safety protocols into its day to day operation.
Trips consist mostly of the Sydney harbour and Pittwater regions with the odd trip further afield.
The 1st officer will work in conjunction with the captain to oversee the successful management of the vessel and its crew
As the yacht maintains a permanent berth in Sydney it is the requirement that the crew live ashore in their own accommodation.
The position would suit an experienced superyacht professional who is looking to return to Sydney for more of a shore-based life.
The yacht typically sticks to a 5 day working week that revolves around guest activity
The Ideal Candidate
- Mate experience on vessels 40m+
- Some ISM experience
- OOW preferred, but would consider yachtmaster / AMSA Master 5
- STCW & Seafarer Medical
- Happy to assume safety / WHS officer duties
- Full work rights for Australia
- Experience managing a small team
- Very organised, time management, records and paperwork
- Experience driving tenders
- Strong project management skills
- Looking for something semi-land based in Sydney
Start – Late January 2019 (Flexible)
Salary– Starting $95,000 AUD DOE
This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced 1st Officer or Mate looking for a position that offers life balance
- Classification: Mate/Officer
- Location: Australia/NZ