Are you an experienced OOW looking for a worldwide travelling superyacht?
Do you enjoy working with a fun and active crew?
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced mate with an OOW to join this awesome team of 9.
The yacht will shortly undertake the crossing from Europe to the US/Caribbean and will most likely take part in the Antigua yacht show
After the Caribbean season the yacht will travel to Barcelona, before hitting the Western Med
The yacht has its sights on cruising through the Pacific in the coming years including time in Galapagos Islands, Fiji, New Zealand and Australian regions, probably around the Americas Cup time
There is good diversity amongst the crew including NZ, Australians, Brits, Fijians & Americans.
The 1st Officer must be an inspiring team player, who can work well within a small dynamic team and who can lead by example
There is also a water sports emphasis on the yacht with seadoo’s, seabobs, scuba diving, wakeboarding, water-skiing, SUP’s, fishing and snorkelling activities
The Ideal Candidate
- OOW or Chief Mate
- Mate/Bosun experience on vessels 40m+
- Some charter experience is preferable
- Valid STCW, security awareness, ENG1 ect
- Looking to gain sea time and progress tickets
- B1/B2 visa or willing to obtain
- Mini ISM experience
- Organised with paper work, records and passage planning
- Strong bridge watch experience
- Can work well within a diverse team
- Calm and professional management style
- Proven track record and longevity in previous positions
Start Date– Late November 2018
Salary– 5000 EURO – 6000 EURO / Month DOE + standard MLC entitlements
This is an exciting opportunity to join a world class dual season charter yacht
- Classification: Mate/Officer
- Location: Worldwide
- Type: Full-Time